[Bell Historians] Peal board photos

Richard Smith richard@ex-parrot.com [bellhistorians] bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
Thu Dec 7 18:11:23 GMT 2017

La Greenall laalaagrr at googlemail.com [bellhistorians] wrote:

> I think I saw it said recently that photos can be uploaded to Bell
> Board, but at a glance I can't see how. I admit BB is very new to me.
> Please can someone give me a basic guide, on or off list, including how
> to associate photos with particular peal records in BB?

Certainly.  I'll post it on list in case it's of help to
others too.

First of all, you need to register for a BellBoard account.
You can do this here:

   https://bb.ringingworld.co.uk/register.php

BellBoard will send you an email with a link to activate
your account, and then you can log in

   https://bb.ringingworld.co.uk/login.php

If you check the 'Stay logged in?' box, you'll stay logged
in indefinitely and won't need to do this again.

Next you need to locate the performance you want to add the
photo to.  Generally the search page is the best way to do
this:

   https://bb.ringingworld.co.uk/search.php

Searching by date is often easiest if you're looking for a
specific performance whose details you know.  If you want to
search by an extact date, put the same date in the 'From'
and 'To' search boxes.

Once you've found the performance you want in the list of
search results, click on the performance title to go to the
page detailing it.  At the top of the page will be a series
of icons: typically one or more arrows to navigate the
search results, a PDF icon, and a pencil icon which marks
the edit menu.  Click on the pencil (or allow your mouse to
hover over it) and you'll get a list of actions you can
perform on the performance.  'Upload photo' is one of them.

RAS

Posted by: Richard Smith <richard at ex-parrot.com>

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional