[Bell Historians] Kingshithe, was The Botley Youths

Ted Steele teds.bells@tesco.net [bellhistorians] bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
Thu Dec 7 23:32:56 GMT 2017

On 07/12/2017 22:11, Richard Smith richard at ex-parrot.com
[bellhistorians] wrote:

> Felstead has no peals on 5 Sept 1874; it has one the
> previous Saturday, 29 Aug, which was Grandsire Triples at St
> Peter's, Hindley. They're only 13 cwt.
>
> I think this is another clear hoax.

That conclusion seems unavoidable, I agree. But am I right in assuming
that Canon Felstead compiled his list from the same sources as we have;
old Church Bells, Bell's Life and Bell News? If so it seems he must have
recognised these as hoaxes or else they would have been discovered in
his lists at some time and challenged. In either case one might have
expected some historical record them coming to light before now.

Ted

Posted by: Ted Steele <teds.bells at tesco.net>

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional