[Bell Historians] Randwick, NSW

bill@hibberts.co.uk [bellhistorians] bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
Tue Feb 7 22:20:56 GMT 2017

Thanks to Chris Pickford, George Dawson and David Cawley for info about the Colonel Tom article.

 Now, my next question is a real long-shot. Does anyone have weights, diameters and dates for the old steel eight at Randwick? I fear that there would have been no incentive to take such details when they were removed . . . the weight of 19cwt for the tenor in Dove seems excessive for an F# bell.

 Six of the Randwick bells are still ringing at the monastery of Holy Transfiguration at Bombala, New South Wales, as seen on Youtube, and between that and a Nick Bowden recording I was able to get a complete set of tuning figures. What a treat!

 Regards,

 Bill H