[Bell Historians] Godalming

Roderic Bickerton rodbick@gmail.com [bellhistorians] bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
Mon Sep 4 07:58:28 BST 2017

The dixionary says
Recast : "Give (a metal object) a different form by melting it down and
reshaping it."
That makes it a rather im precise term as melting causes changes and
required volumes differ. The only cardinal is that it is primarily remade
from the original material. The inscription is incorrect if the original
was not melted down.