[Bell Historians] Snowdon's Standard Methods

Richard Smith richard@ex-parrot.com [bellhistorians] bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
Tue Feb 6 11:46:50 GMT 2018

Does anyone here have access to a first edition of Jasper
Snowdon's Standard Methods and would they be able to look up
two details for me?  It's important that it's the first
edition from 1881, and not one of the later editions that
his brother William had revised: I know what these later
editions say.

* Is there a six-bell method published under the name Court
Bob, and if so, is it the modern Single Court or Double
Court?  I.e. does it have plain hunt below the treble.

* Is Woodbine included, and if so, is the method given
Norwich over Kent?

Hopefully these should be easy to look up as I think there
was an index of method names printed at the front of the
book.

Thanks!

RAS

Posted by: Richard Smith <richard at ex-parrot.com>