[Bell Historians] Pictures of Roker

'David Cawley' davidl.cawley@btinternet.com [bellhistorians] bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
Wed Jul 25 10:15:22 BST 2018

Mike

I have a picture of the bells erected in the G&J Works at (a number of other installations also in view). Do you know this one and would you like to use it?  My scanner is not working at present so please remind me of your private email or postal address.

Cheers

David

From: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com [mailto:bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com]
Sent: 25 July 2018 08:05
To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Bell Historians] Pictures of Roker

The tower at Roker, Sunderland is being restored at the moment and the bells are having a relatively minor overhaul.

They are getting together a booklet for the celebrations to mark the end of the work and are looking for some photographs of the bells actually being installed.  I have vague memories of seeing one with a scaffolding tower up the side of the church tower which was used to get the bells in.  (There is no trap in the concrete belfry or ringing chamber floors and everything of any size came up the outside)

Can someone point me to this photograph, or indeed any others that you are aware of.

Thanks

Mike