[Bell Historians] Valleyfield, Quebec

Mike Chester mikechester@hotmail.com [bellhistorians] bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
Tue Dec 10 07:06:29 GMT 2019

https://stececile.faithlifesites.com/la-basilique

Gives bell weights, bourdon 12700 pounds

Mike

________________________________
From: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com <bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com> on behalf of Carl S Zimmerman csz_stl at swbell.net [bellhistorians] <bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Tuesday, December 10, 2019 12:11:48 AM
To: Bellhistorians <bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [Bell Historians] Valleyfield, Quebec

In 1935, Whitechapel cast a peal of six bells for the Cathedral Basilica of St.Cecilia in Valleyfield, Quebec, Canada.  I have listed the largest bell here: http://www.towerbells.org/data/NAOtherGreatBells.html#QUVF, but a question has been raised about its reported weight, and I cannot now find the source of the figure that I have published.

Does anyone have further information about these bells?

Carl Scott Zimmerman, Campanologist
Saint Louis, Missouri, USA -
 - 19th c. home of at least 37 bell founders or resellers
Tel. +1(314)821-8437
Webmaster for www.TowerBells.org
 * Avocation: tower bells
 * Recreation: handbells