[Bell Historians] HB Walters

'Chris Pickford' c.j.pickford.t21@btinternet.com [bellhistorians] bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
Fri Feb 1 17:19:27 GMT 2019

Omission of Lukis - understandable, I think. Although it contains lots of
Wiltshire information, it's not really a "County Book" proper.

Anne previously mentioned H.B. Walters and "London & Middlesex" and
"Gloucestershire". These were not complete surveys either.

The London and Middlesex manuscript is in the library at Burlington House
(although I have a complete photocopy here), but only a couple of parts were
published (in the London & Middlesex Transactions) - in heavily abbreviated
form. Sadly the original and more detailed Ms for those parts is missing -
presumably never returned to Burlington House after publication.

Walters only published a couple of articles on Gloucestershire, both in the
Gloucestershire & Bristol Arch Soc Transactions - never a complete survey,
but one of the articles does include useful updates to Ellacombe's main
county book.

I've never done a complete bibliography for Walters, although the Central
Council library catalogue would be a good place to start for anyone wishing
to compile one

Chris Pickford