[Bell Historians] Half and three-quarters wheels

Andrew Aspland aaspland@yahoo.co.uk [bellhistorians] bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
Wed Jan 30 07:48:22 GMT 2019

I suspect the fractions are approximations. (Not that I wish to get into arguments about thirteen sixteenth wheels.) There are some modern half wheels. I think there is a small bell illustrated in a G&J catalogue and is Major at Newcastle Cathedral on a half wheel? In both cases these are the lower halves and aid swing chiming. Old half wheels were a vertical half?For three quarter wheels which is the missing quarter?Andrew