[Bell Historians] St James, Pretan Square.

Ted Steele bells@tedsteele.plus.com [bellhistorians] bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
Sat Oct 12 19:08:52 BST 2019

This week's RW has a "75 years ago" item in which  the newly formed
University of London Socy. informs of practices being held at St.James
Pretan Square. Can anyone say which church is referred to here? My best
guess is St James, Clerkenwell, given its proximity to the university
but St. James, Prebend St., Islington is also not far away. In neither
case does there appear to be a Pretan Square in the vicinity and nor
does one show up in a web-search; it is not a mis-copied name either,
the original is the same. I am not aware of any such church having
existed. Any ideas?

Ted