[Bell Historians] Bournville Carillon

Mike Chester mikechester at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 7 21:16:48 GMT 2020

Does this help?

http://warksbells.co.uk/index.php/others/chimes/bell-chimes/carillons/bournville

Mike
________________________________
From: Bell-historians <bell-historians-bounces at lists.ringingworld.co.uk> on behalf of Carl S Zimmerman <csz_stl at swbell.net>
Sent: Friday, February 7, 2020 8:43:18 PM
To: Bell Historians Mailing List <bell-historians at lists.ringingworld.co.uk>
Subject: Re: [Bell Historians] Bournville Carillon

The original installation of 22 bells in 1906 started from a bass bell with note F, which would be the smallest of the four that Bill described.  It is the only remaining 1906 bell in the present carillon.

The 1923 enlargement to 37 bells added two bass semitones plus an octave of trebles; the 1906 bass remained unchanged.

The 1925 enlargement to 42 bells added the three heavier bells that Bill described plus two trebles.  I have no information as to whether any of the 1923 bells were replaced at this time.

The 1934 enlargement to 48 bells included replacing everything except the four bells that Bill described.

Bill, I look forward to your presentation at the GCNA Congress in June.  I hope that you plan to stay for the WCF Congress as well.

Carl Scott Zimmerman, Campanologist
Saint Louis, Missouri, USA -
 - 19th c. home of at least 37 bell founders or resellers
Tel. +1(314)821-8437
Webmaster for www.TowerBells.org
 * Avocation: tower bells
 * Recreation: handbells