[Bell Historians] Bournville Carillon

Dawson, Andy j.a.dawson at ucl.ac.uk
Wed Feb 12 08:01:06 GMT 2020

Please delete me from the mailing list

From: Bell-historians <bell-historians-bounces at lists.ringingworld.co.uk> On Behalf Of Bill Hibbert
Sent: 07 February 2020 20:12
To: bell-historians at lists.ringingworld.co.uk
Subject: [Bell Historians] Bournville Carillon

Alan Buswell recently sent me tuning figures for the Bournville Carillon, including G&J's measurements on the four Taylor bells, none of which were tuned by G&J. I had hoped to work out the casting dates of the Taylor bells from the J&J figures but have failed - they all have just tierces bar one. My Taylor carillon catalogue is dated (I think) 1927, after the first remodelling by Taylors in 1925, so doesn't help. Does anyone know the casting dates of the four bells in question? One is 1906, the rest are 1925:
46" 17-2-10 in F
48 5/8" 22-1-2 in E
54 3/16" 30-3-2 in D
60 3/8" 40-3-14 in C

I hope to visit the carillon soon, so could probably just go and look, unless anyone has the answer immediately to hand!

The background to this is that I am planning a talk to the GCNA congress in June and am collecting and analysing a lot of data in preparation for the talk.

Regards,

Bill H