[Bell Historians] The ongoing evolution of Dove online

Carl S Zimmerman csz_stl at swbell.net
Tue Jul 7 16:23:13 BST 2020

That's just as true on this side of the Atlantic!
I joined the National Association of Watch and Clock Collectors (NAWCC) and its Tower Clock Chapter several years ago in hopes of finding more information about the bells associated with tower clocks (as they are called over here).  I quickly discovered that most "clock people" (there are also "watch people" in NAWCC) knew a lot about the striking trains in such clocks but very little about what was at the distant end of the pull wire.  I've stayed with it (and become the Chapter's Webmaster) to try to bridge the gap (and because tower clocks are such fascinating machinery); but it's a slow process.
Cross-links between the AHSTCG database and "future Dove" would certainly be the preferable route for connecting clock data with bell data.  Example:    AHSTCG: "hour bell - see Dove for details [link]"    Dove: "#8 is the hour bell for a turret clock - see AHSTCG for details [link]"

Carl Scott Zimmerman, Campanologist
Saint Louis, Missouri, USA -
 - 19th c. home of at least 37 bell founders or resellers
Tel. +1(314)821-8437
Webmaster for www.TowerBells.org
 * Avocation: tower bells
 * Recreation: handbells