[Bell Historians] Jarrow Grange, Christ Church

Mike Chester mikechester at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 11 11:14:58 BST 2020

That's very helpful.

Thanks, as always.

Mike
________________________________
From: Bell-historians <bell-historians-bounces at lists.ringingworld.co.uk> on behalf of Chris Pickford via Bell-historians <bell-historians at lists.ringingworld.co.uk>
Sent: 11 July 2020 10:11
To: 'Bell Historians Mailing List' <bell-historians at lists.ringingworld.co.uk>
Cc: Chris Pickford <c.j.pickford.t21 at btinternet.com>
Subject: Re: [Bell Historians] Jarrow Grange, Christ Church

It was recast in 1919. The original treble was noted as “too flat”

The original bell was 30” 5-3-13 (1919 scrapping weight 5-3-6) – so it was NOT the same as the present bell

The present bell is 28” 4-1-25. It has no special inscription (but the foundry records no not indicate exactly what was put on the new bell)

The diameters of the three trebles are shown in the foundry records as 25”, 26” and 28” (Dove currently shows 25.38”, 26” and 28.13”)

Chris Pickford

E-mail pickford5040 at gmail.com