[Bell Historians] Cathedral of the Dormition of the Mother of God and the Royal Martyrs, Gunnersbury

Mike Chester mikechester at hotmail.com
Sat May 9 10:57:21 BST 2020

David Sloman has alerted me to this chime of 9 bells.  They must be Russian in origin, looking at them. Does anyone have any further details of them, please?

https://londonchurchbuildings.com/2017/12/13/cathedral-of-the-dormition-of-the-mother-of-god-and-the-royal-martyrs-harvard-road-gunnersbury-russian-orthodox-church-abroad/#jp-carousel-20614
[https://londonchurchbuildings.files.wordpress.com/2017/12/chiswick_catheral_of_dominition_russian_orthodox121217_12.jpg]<https://londonchurchbuildings.com/2017/12/13/cathedral-of-the-dormition-of-the-mother-of-god-and-the-royal-martyrs-harvard-road-gunnersbury-russian-orthodox-church-abroad/#jp-carousel-20614>
Cathedral of the Dormition of the Mother of God and the Royal Martyrs, Harvard Road, Gunnersbury (Russian Orthodox Church Abroad) « London Churches in photographs<https://londonchurchbuildings.com/2017/12/13/cathedral-of-the-dormition-of-the-mother-of-god-and-the-royal-martyrs-harvard-road-gunnersbury-russian-orthodox-church-abroad/#jp-carousel-20614>
Above the railway cutting south of Gunnersbury Station. The cathedral was built in 1999 in the grounds of a house that had previously been used for worship. The Russian Orthodox Church Abroad is a separate body from the state approved Russian Orthodox Church whose Cathedral is in Kensington. …
londonchurchbuildings.com
In trying to find details of the bells I came across a newsletter from Cathedral of Dormition of the Mother of God in Knightsbridge.  Start at page 6.

http://static1.1.sqspcdn.com/static/f/319833/27327262/1478733244983/October+Eng1+FINAL+FOR+THE+WEB.pdf?token=X5clxvnHVirf1%2B3spB5Jr6%2FbAPU%3D

It shows the blessing of some new bells, I assume for this Cathedral, once All Saints Church.  It has/had a single bells, 2-0-4, cast in 1849 by C & G  Mears. Can anyone confirm details of these bells too?

Thanks

 Mike