[Bell Historians] Request for info: women in bellfounding

Dickon Love dickon at lovesguide.com
Sun Apr 4 23:55:29 BST 2021

Scott,

In addition to all the valuable contributions from others, there is the name of a lady on the foundry stamp of the 3 of the bells that hang in your home (change ringing) tower: Kathryn Hughes. This is on the 3 largest Royal Jubilee Bells and a larger version of this foundry stamp also appears on the largest bell in the UK – the Olympic Bell.

DrL