[Bell Historians] st Mary's Maldon essex

David Sloman dsloman261 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 13 22:52:40 BST 2021

The bells were rung after the second world war but ringing had ceased by
1947. A structural engineers report of 1976 recommended limited ringing due
to the condition of the bell frame and fittings rather than the stability
of the tower.

The tenor was rehung in 1928 and the treble in 1937. The frame is 17th
century 4 bell frame extended to take five and then six bells. Minor
essential repairs have been done since to keep the bells ringing.

Regards,
David Sloman