[Bell Historians] st johns Blackpool and sacred heart

oliver Lee oliverbellringer at outlook.com
Thu Aug 11 13:39:23 BST 2022

I was wondering if anyone might be able to tell me exactly why these bells are unringable?, judging by my own research there was almost certainly a local band here in the 1930s but It would appear that the decline began to set in around the 1970s or 80s. I have also heard a story of a clapper falling out during ringing was this why they where condemned or was it mainly due to tower defects.
Many thanks
Oliver lee
p.s when where sacred heart last rung? They where almost certainly ringable in 1988! (per doves)