[Bell Historians] 17th century numbers in bell tower

Carl S Zimmerman csz_stl at swbell.net
Fri Jan 28 14:51:39 GMT 2022

Chris's words remind me of a term that I like very much -- "industrial archaeology."  Since bell towers are typically the least-modified parts of a church in the course of repairs, renovations and restorations, they often contain obscure evidence of the past that may be quite difficult to interpret -- as the present discussion clearly demonstrates!

Carl Scott Zimmerman, Campanologist
Saint Louis, Missouri, USA -
 - 19th c. home of at least 37 bell founders or resellers
Tel. +1(314)821-8437
Webmaster for www.TowerBells.org
 * Avocation: tower bells
 * Recreation: handbells