[Bell Historians] ringing at avon dassett before 1983

Mike Chester mikechester at hotmail.com
Wed May 18 19:19:46 BST 2022

There was a quarter peal in 1965, that claimed to be the first on the bells:-

AVON DASSETT, WARWICKS .— On Nov. 25th.  1260 Plain Bob Doubles:
Delphine Holman 1, R. W. Sherriff (cond .) 2, R. J. Edden 3, J. F. Thorne 4.  J. J. Spraggett 5.
First quarter peal on the bells, hung 1868. A 21st birthday compliment to Margaret Ruth Sherriff

Mike