[Bell Historians] Hacker Warning

Richard Offen richardoffen at outlook.com
Sat Aug 3 02:08:23 BST 2024

Unfortunately, a few days ago, my Facebook and Messenger profiles were hacked and stolen. The hacker managed to change the email address, which made it impossible for me to regain control. It is interesting to note that Meta seem to make it easier for a hacker to gain control of a Facebook page that for a page owner to get it back.

I have wasted so much time during the last few days trying to restore the status quo, but apparently to no avail. I think we have managed to get my Facebook page taken down, but my Messenger page was last seen trying to sell Bitcoin!

This email is to let you all know not to respond to any Facebook or Messenger invitations to become friends; they are NOT from me.

Richard

My email address has changed to richardoffen at outlook.com<mailto:richardoffen at outlook.com>
(iinet is closing its email service)
[cid:image001.png at 01DAE584.AEA47C30]