[Bell Historians] Founder: Bowen of London

daviesbob daviesbob at aol.com
Sat May 4 22:17:38 BST 2024

Hello Peter:My name is Robert Davies. I am affiliated with St. Elizabeth's Memorial Chapel located in Eagle Valley, Tuxedo, New York located approximately one hour north west of Manhattan.St. Elizabeth's was built by William and Juliet Pierpont Morgan (J.P. MORGAN'S daughter) Hamilton at the entrance to their estate in 1921 in memory of their daughter Elizabeth who died in the 1918 influenza epidemic at age 11.I found a bell cast by the Bowen Foundary of London in the church's basement. I have no idea when or how it got there. The Chapel does have a much larger bell in the belfry. I will forward a photo of both to you. Not sure where the larger bell was cast. Any information on the Bowen Foundry would be greatly appreciated.Robert DaviesEagle ValleyTuxedo, New York 10987Daviesbob at aol.comSent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone