[r-t] Extents of minor

Robin Hall halls at twiddlepin.org.uk
Wed Aug 18 11:09:10 UTC 2004

>Simple question: how many extents of minor are there?

As questions about Minor go, that is quite an interesting one.

A (very very) crude upper limit (I'm no graph theorist - in fact I've never even heard of one before) would be 7200. Simply on the basis that I think there are only 11 place notations, and you can't have the one you've just had.

The real number must be tons lower than that, although clearly no lower than the number of distinct methods. But possibly low enough for PJE, xyz, and DJP to ring in a week?

Come on Saddleton, Smith or someone - you must know!

ROH