[r-t] 40320 Spliced S Major

Philip Earis Earisp at rsc.org
Thu Aug 19 08:30:51 UTC 2004

"Perhaps something like this? :-)"

Congratulations, Ander, that's very interesting!  Presumably that's the
first ever extent of treble-dodging major that doesn't involve
Derwent-variants or a single every half-lead? Can you make it so that
the overwork is never changed at the lead-head and the underwork never
changed at the half-lead?  I might be inclined to change the notation,
eg

Overworks
B = -5-4.5-5.36...
E = -56-4-5-36...

Underworks
b = 4-4.5-4-1
e = -4-5-34-1

First course:
Be Bb Ee Bb Eb Ee etc

It's interesting to see that you've had the same issue that we've come
across when ringing PABS blocks of minor, i.e. that method E doesn't
naturally exist, and is currently in this case a differential hunter.
Of course you can get around this by saying it's got a 16 lead-end, but
then you lose the massive elegance of it being double and the extent
having no calls.

I look forward to seeing the explanation and further examples!

----
Explanation will be forthcoming (although I expect Richard can work it
out
on his own!).  More methods and fewer 87s could readily be achieved on
the
same plan...

40320 Spliced S Major (4m) AEH

B = &-5-4.5-5.36.4-4.5-4-1,1 (Bristol)
C = &-5-4.5-5.36-4-5-34-1,1
D = &-56-4-5-36.4-4.5-4-1,1
E = &-56-4-5-36-4-5-34-1,1

CB EB DE BE BE BC DC  12783465
etc

DISCLAIMER:

This communication (including any attachments) is intended for the use of the addressee only and may contain confidential, privileged or copyright material. It may not be relied upon or disclosed to any other person without the consent of the RSC. If you have received it in error, please contact us immediately. Any advice given by the RSC has been carefully formulated but is necessarily based on the information available, and the RSC cannot be held responsible for accuracy or completeness. In this respect, the RSC owes no duty of care and shall not be liable for any resulting damage or loss. The RSC acknowledges that a disclaimer cannot restrict liability at law for personal injury or death arising through a finding of negligence. The RSC does not warrant that its emails or attachments are Virus-free: Please rely on your own screening.

This e-mail has been scanned for viruses by MCI's Internet Managed Scanning Services - powered by MessageLabs. For further information visit http://www.mci.com