[r-t] random pn

King, Peter R peter.king at imperial.ac.uk
Tue Dec 7 09:00:41 UTC 2004

I presume here you are not bothered about truth, otherwise the mean must
be less than n! (any touch greater than n! must be false and so excluded
from the count, given that there must be true courses less than n! the
mean must come to less than n!). I think in terms of random walks it is
related to first passage problems (ie once you go beyond n! you must
stop searching.