[r-t] Peals of spliced / methods committe query

Glenn Taylor gaataylor at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Dec 15 16:20:08 UTC 2004

Philip wrote:
=====
In the composition for the 478 methods, some of the methods only
differed "in the places made at the half-lead and/or the lead-head".
Thus the peal does not conform to the decisions and should therefore be
kicked out.  This seems very clear to me.
=====

Philip's remarks above seem quite sound to me but I would not go as far as
to say that the peal should be kicked out. Surely it is simply a case of
recalculating the number of distinct methods actually rung?

For instance, if I rang (half a lead of PB minor then half a lead of Double
Bob with a bob) x 3 then I can agree that describing this as half-lead
spliced Plain, Double and Reverse bob is somewhat iffy. It could, however,
be rebadged as a touch of 36 PB Minor. Is this not the case with the 478
methods?

I don't consider myself to be an expert in this area but am I missing
something obvious here?

Glenn Taylor
Bristol