[r-t] Peals of spliced / methods committe query

Mark Davies mark at snowtiger.net
Mon Dec 20 18:39:42 UTC 2004

> Yes, you can, of course, have more methods not spliced
> than spliced.  Take any peal of spliced and tack an extent
> of Bedford on the end and it's no longer spliced.

Richard, are you deliberately misinterpreting me!

Of course you can always exceed any record for "most methods" by ringing for
longer. But, for a given length, I think pretty much everyone would expect
that "splicing" is how you squeeze the most methods into your peal.

If the MC are saying that you are able to ring more methods to a standard
peal length by NOT splicing them, then I really don't know what to think.

And, I ask again, who noticed at the time that the word "spliced" was
missing from the Great Barr peal report?