[r-t] 23-spliced (long message)

Hayden Charles hcharles at grandsire.co.uk
Wed Dec 29 17:20:13 UTC 2004

Don Morrison wrote:

 > I've put at
 >
 >  http://www.ringing.org/popular-methods.txt
 >
 > a list of (to first approximation) those treble dodging major methods
 > that have been rung to three or more peals since 1 January 1990.

I found it interesting that of the 1068 methods in your list, only the
top 81 have been rung 15 times or more, approximating to once a year. I
would not expect that adding in the handbell totals would make a huge
difference, and the list leaves out methods rung in spliced
compositions. (No, I am not asking you to analyse those as well!). Is it
a fairly graphic illustration of conservatism among ringers?

Hayden Charles