[r-t] RE: Exceptions

Philip Saddleton pabs at cantab.net
Thu Nov 11 00:06:38 UTC 2004

Robin Woolley <robin at robinw.org.uk> wrote at 09:25:19 on Wed, 10 Nov
2004
>Given that Anglia 10 and 12 are related - there is no doubt about this
>within current interpretations - then Linconlshire S. Major seems to be
>no longer related to the royal under the same decision, (G)B7. The
>reason is that in major, places are made under the treble when dodging
>in 7-8. The interpretation has always been that extensions below the
>treble are counted from the lead head, so, to comply with (G)B7, places
>need to be made in the royal when the treble is dodging in 7-8. In thed
>royal, these places have been moved to 9-10. This was 'legal' before May31st.

Is this wilful misinterpretation? The related sections are those given
the same letter in the tables - how else would you interpret this?

(G)C.2(c)v
Note that although the notation is necessarily different, the
constructions permitted below the treble are structurally identical to
those permitted above the treble.

>Isn't there a good case to be made that works are as important as place
>notation. All the front work variations of Lincolnshire, such as
>Vancouver, seem to be in-extendible dus to giving non-pb lead end.

I don't understand what point is being made here.

--
Regards
Philip