[r-t] Scientific

Richard Grimmett richard at grimmett.org
Sun Nov 21 22:55:30 UTC 2004

> Bloody annoying that the clips start with nearly a minute of
> shipping forecast.
>
> The ringing was quite good - tenor hanging it out a bit at
> times, but not bad overall.
>
> MBD

It was a peal : http://www.campanophile.co.uk/show.html?Code=18990

Unfortunately they chose one of the worst sections to broadcast.  Gordon
Lane hadn't rung a peal for some time as his back has given him a lot of
trouble.  He went up the tower and rang the tenor by himself (tied) for
2 hours beforehand to check that he could manage it.  The whole peal was
recorded onto CD, hence I know it’s the worst bit.

Clarrie

---