[r-t] Progress Report

Philip Earis Earisp at rsc.org
Mon Oct 18 11:52:05 UTC 2004

I'm pleased to report that the 100th different email address has just
subscribed to the list.

Since I started the list in mid-August, there have been some very
interesting posts on a variety of topics.  I'm especially pleased that
the list has been used in a collaborative way, with people sharing
knowledge to tackle and solve problems.  The development of the first
extents of spliced treble-dodging major and the first composition for a
720 of MUG minor are two examples.

I am also aware that there a number of ringing areas which have not
really been discussed though.  Whilst quite a lot of attention has been
given to extents of minor, there has been little mention of triples.  I
know that several members of the lists have done work recently, whether
on multi-part peals of Stedman triples, bobs-only compositions of Erin
triples (is this the greatest challenge left in ringing theory?!) or
more exotic methods, and it would be good to see some of these make the
list.

I also think that people describing ideas they've tried that were
unsuccessful could be useful, and some description of computational
techniques that have been applied to ringing would make interesting
reading.

Keep up the good work people!

DISCLAIMER:

This communication (including any attachments) is intended for the use of the addressee only and may contain confidential, privileged or copyright material. It may not be relied upon or disclosed to any other person without the consent of the RSC. If you have received it in error, please contact us immediately. Any advice given by the RSC has been carefully formulated but is necessarily based on the information available, and the RSC cannot be held responsible for accuracy or completeness. In this respect, the RSC owes no duty of care and shall not be liable for any resulting damage or loss. The RSC acknowledges that a disclaimer cannot restrict liability at law for personal injury or death arising through a finding of negligence. The RSC does not warrant that its emails or attachments are Virus-free: Please rely on your own screening.