[r-t] Definition of calls

Graham John graham at changeringing.co.uk
Wed Oct 27 13:03:41 UTC 2004

Following up on Tony's response to my original questions, I sent the reply
below.

The current decisions now have no definition of what a bob or a single is*.
This seems bizarre. If a new recruit to ringing asks what a bob is, there is
no official source to refer to, and no agreement on what the definition
should be.

Graham

*Note: Following my comments on the original draft, the vague phrase  "Calls
may be called bob or single or other terms as agreed by the band." was
omitted from the final wording.

  _____