[r-t] 40320 Spliced S Major (360m)

Alexander Holroyd holroyd at math.ubc.ca
Tue Oct 5 19:25:44 UTC 2004

On Tue, 5 Oct 2004, Mark Davies wrote:

> This is fantastic, Ander. Can you write it out as conventional whole-lead
> methods though please? This would make it more attractive, plus I'd like to
> see how many are unrung.

They would be all asymmetric and all unrung.  I think it makes more sense
to think of 360m half-lead spliced.  In this case I have a list of the
methods which I can send.  Most of them are unrung; quite a lot do not
have 7-lead courses; a few have more hunt bells than working bells, but
become legal if you give them a 12 lead end.  It seems to me the only
relevance of this information is to keep the CC happy - no-one is going to
want to ring whole courses of the methods...

Ander