[r-t] What's the meaning of a method having aparticularfalsecourse head

Andrew Johnson andrew_johnson at uk.ibm.com
Thu Apr 28 09:09:21 UTC 2005

>Andrew Johnson wrote:
>
>> Is the table of the 'groups' of false course heads available online?
>> Some of the groups are mentioned in Wilfred Wilson's book 'Change
>> Ringing', but that list isn't complete.
>
>http://www.ex-parrot.com/~richard/major/falseness/groups.html
>
>Richard

Thanks Richard, that's just what I wanted.

I checked, and what Wilson actually says on page 113 is:

(a) The false course ends (FCE) are shown by reference to a code
letter and, while the following is not a complete list of all the false
courses and their code letters that are used by the Exercise, it includes
all those that are found in the methods given: