[r-t] Composing spliced treble-dodging major

Mark Davies mark at snowtiger.net
Fri Aug 5 20:36:12 UTC 2005

William Dawson writes,

> I think my problem is internal falseness? Is there a way of
> knowing when two lead ends will contain the same row.

It might sound harsh, but - if you can't work that out for yourself, are you
really cut out to be a composer?

You don't need better software to do better than William, either. His basic
mistake is assuming he's got to have a finished touch before he proof-checks
it. You can actually compose quite efficiently, even without knowing the
falseness of your method(s), if you run incremental checks whilst composing.
If you're not able to think of that sort of thing for yourself, have you
really got the right brain for the job?

H-B-possibly?-F.