[r-t] Composing spliced treble-dodging major

King, Peter R peter.king at imperial.ac.uk
Tue Aug 9 08:28:47 UTC 2005

On the subject of software to assist in putting together compositions of
spliced I'd like to mention Philip Saddleton's SCAMP (available from his
website).  Providing you have the list of lead head types you want and
calls it will help you select those methods which will give you a true
composition (there are also ways of contolling the musical content,
which I haven't really worked out yet but I'm sure PABS would give
guidance to anyone interested). It is certainly a very effective way to
put together compositions of say 23ATW. It is perhaps less useful if you
have a set of methods in mind that you wish to splice together (although
you can limit the methods selection by editing the methods file), but a
great little tool anyway (& free!)

Peter

http://www.ringingmaster.co.uk

I also suggest he has a look at Elf, MBD's online spliced composition
generator at

http://www.bronze-age.com/elf/index.html

Finally, the Ringing Roadshow in Newbury on 10 September will have many
of
the available programs available for demonstration, as well as lots of
books
to browse.

Graham