[r-t] Obscure methods

Don Morrison dfm at mv.com
Fri Aug 26 02:05:09 UTC 2005

On 8/25/05, Mark Davies <mark at snowtiger.net> wrote:
> As far as non-plain-path twin-hunt methods go, well there's all the Slow
> Course methods Don,

No, as I understand it those have only one "principal hunt," seconds
place bell being a "secondary hunt."

> I'm sure you could have found all that out yourself in about five minutes.

Really? It seemed like something where I'd have to look at every one
of the Methods Committee's files, and pretty much scan the whole thing
to puzzle out what's what. Is there any easier way?

> Anyway, why the interest?

Re-tweeking some of my software, and while I'm at it I'm trying to fix
some bugs in how it handles some strange methods, and want to make
sure I'm aware of all the existing edge cases, at least.

Anyway, thanks for the info, which I will look at in detail soon (I'm
spending all day tomorrow on a train without network access, so it
will probably wait until the weekend), and get back to you if I have
any questions about any of it.

--
Don Morrison <dfm at mv.com>
"[I] am rarely happier than when spending an entire day