[r-t] Spliced triples & surprise major: Thurmott composition &Philip's Christmas challenge

Andrew Craddock andrew at towerbase.net
Thu Dec 15 11:43:07 UTC 2005

At 11:15 15/12/2005 +0000, you wrote:
<snip>

>According to www.peals.co.uk, there have been 12 previous peals of
>spliced triples and major. I have not seen any compositions other than
>those mentioned above - does anybody have access to any others?
</snip>

www.pealbase.co.uk which goes back further than www.peals.co.uk shows that
there were 33 peals rung of Spliced Triples and Major since 1/1/1980.

The Felstead database shows a further 12 peals of Spliced Triples and Major
rung prior to 1980.

Most of these peals were of Spliced Plain Bob Triples and Plain Bob Major.

Andrew