[r-t] Re: Exercise & Place Methods

Robin Woolley robin at robinw.org.uk
Tue Feb 1 14:17:52 UTC 2005

Firstly, my thanks to all those who reminded me of the defn. of an Exercise
method.

Can I please crave Hayden Charles' indulgence if I ask him to tell me what
Willson said the defn. of a Delight method was.

This is important because: does the definition of an Exercise method apply
to one stage, or successive stages? i.e., two, three or four on eight, ten
and twelve bells. The Delight defn. will make this obvious.

Secondly, Ben is not correct in one of his assertions. There are NO 'place
bob' methods in the 1980 collection. The ones that were printed as such were
corrected in various MC amendments to the collection.

I remember this because it was one of those occasions that the 'fan' became
covered with brown stuff, precisely because of this change from traditional
'place bob' to 'place'. I certainly remember when I started that, locally,
Shipway was known as 'place bob', for example.

Best wishes
Robin.

PS Is it WiLLson or WiLson?