[r-t] 23-spliced (continued)

Alex Byrne alex.byrne at btinternet.com
Wed Jan 12 22:15:31 UTC 2005

Richard: To be honest, I'm still a bit surprised that there's any
non-theoretical interest in it at all.

No no no.... This has highly practical implications. I think
every-lead-different isn't a strong requirement although it will naturally
make the methods more 'interesting'.

>From a non-theoretical point of view, it would be good to look at this
problem the other way round: I'll give you the methods (eg. Smith's 23,
containing lots of well-known methods) and you give me the course-spliced
composition. But that's getting ridiculously non-theoretical! I suspect any
band capable of ringing 23-spliced won't be overly worried about whether the
methods themselves are well-known, but it would be good to have Cambridge in
there somewhere I suppose.

A more interesting specification from the practical point of view would be
methods of varied groups. Can that be incorporated easily?

Alex.