[r-t] Re: Decisions

Robin Woolley robin at robinw.org.uk
Mon Jan 3 11:00:16 UTC 2005

Further to my previous, I am posting a DRAFT copy of a discussion paper of
some general extension topics which I wrote about three months ago. It can
be found at www.robinw.org.uk/ext_papr.doc Please be aware that no-one has
seen this before and that there is probably no-one within 20 miles I can
discuss it with.

In this paper, I also address Alliance & Little extensions. On the former,
it is only possible to extend 'ordinary' alliance minor methods with the
treble dodging in 7-8, whilst 'special' alliance methods can have the treble
dodging in 3-4, 5-6 and 7-8 or just 5-6 and 7-8. The solution to this is
trivial.

I also give some examples of 'good' extensions of little methods based on
increasing the length of the lead.

I have said it was possible to 'classically' extend a method on the RW
address label. An example is posted at www.robinw.org.uk/ex1.gif
It's actually an abortive attempt for Chelsea D. Major. There seems to be
just 'one' extension, but this has three blows in 8ths place.

Best wishes

Robin.