[r-t] Re: Decisions

Philip Saddleton pabs at cantab.net
Tue Jan 4 18:05:17 UTC 2005

Richard Smith said  on 03/01/2005 15:17:

>Robin Woolley wrote:
>

>>In this paper, I also address Alliance & Little extensions. On the former,
>>it is only possible to extend 'ordinary' alliance minor methods with the
>>treble dodging in 7-8, whilst 'special' alliance methods can have the treble
>>dodging in 3-4, 5-6 and 7-8 or just 5-6 and 7-8. The solution to this is
>>trivial.
>>

>I hadn't realised this.  Is it really intensional that the
>two tables in (G)C.2(b) do not mention GH or EFGH extension?
>I had always assumed that their omission was simply because
>in most normal methods (i.e. those without penultimate
>places made above the treble) GH was the same as FG.

I think that the argument here is that there is no work above the treble
in section H, and repeating it would therefore introduce work (a dodge)
that wasn't in the parent. For instance, Cromer Alliance Minor has plain
hunting above the treble - should not this characteristic be retained in
an extension?

--
Regards
Philip