[r-t] Re: Decisions

Richard Smith richard at ex-parrot.com
Wed Jan 12 16:31:19 UTC 2005

Robin Woolley wrote:

> Therefore, it should not be a too difficult problem to produce all
> extensions of all plain minor methods 'from the book', along, maybe with the
> 'Radley' up group so these can then be considered. Regular results only can
> be considered. As Graham indicates, 'classical' results should come first,
> then any quantum solutions, etc. We can worry about treble-dodging and
> bigger numbers later!

I've looked at a slightly more broad collection of methods
than you suggest.  In addition to the 30 methods "from the
book", I've also includedd the other 16 methods with regular
lead heads in the current CC collection of minor methods.
This includes methods with single changes and methods with
fifths above the treble.

The following file contains all extensions that are allowed
under the current (modal) rules:

  http://www.ex-parrot.com/~richard/extension/plain46m.txt

As before, I have looked at all possible extensions on up to
60 bells.  The numbers in brackets are the stages on which
the extension works.  (This included stages where the method
is a differential hunter.)

Similarly, the following file contains attempts to extend
these methods using the old ("classical") rules:

  http://www.ex-parrot.com/~richard/extension/plain46c.txt

(My old code for looking at extensions can't cope with more
than 22 bells, and I don't have time to fix it right now, so
that's as far as I've gone with classical extension.)

In the list of classical extensions, when a static extension
name has a suffix "u", this means that the half-lead place
does not expand to stay adjacent to the treble.

Is this what you are after?

Richard