[r-t] Quiz

Stephen Penney stephen at ucalegon.com
Wed Jul 27 00:43:31 UTC 2005

The answer is - those methods will extend to regular little surprise
royal methods by replacing all the 6's in the place notation with 0's,
except for the treble's half lead. Sorry it wasn't more interesting - I
was hoping someone might find a connection between these methods which
explains why.
Annable's London goes to Major, and Maximus, but not Royal, hence the
confusion.

Geoff Dodds gave me a (hopefully) comprehensive list of regular TD minor
methods which extend to regular little methods in this way:

Coldstream L Surprise Major, Royal, Maximus
(12.3n-3n.14-12-3n.12-12.36)

Redbourn S - Major, Royal, Maximus
York S - Major, Royal Maximus
Langleybury S - Major, Royal, Maximus
Marple D - Major, Royal, Maximus
Netherseale S - Major. Royal, Maximus
Lincoln S - Major, Royal, Maximus
Burnaby D - Major, Royal, Maximus
Durham S - Major, Royal Maximus
Wiggenhall D - Major, Royal, Maximus
Braintree D - Major, Maximus
Annable's London S - Major, Maximus.

So there you have it. There may well be some mistakes in the above, due
to me typing it out from the
bit of paper I was given (at 1.30 in the morning, after whisky etc) -
hence I didn't bother with the place
notations after Coldstream - I'm sure you got the idea.
Perhaps a more interesting question would have been "What do Braintree
Delight and Annable's London Surprise have in common?". Although the
answer would have been just as boring.

Percy