[r-t] 41 Surprise Minor quarter

Glenn Taylor gaataylor at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Mar 22 16:55:21 UTC 2005

---Ben wrote---
> I think the most so far got into a 1440 is the 23 Carlisle- and
> Cambridge-above methods, which seem to splice together much more easily
than
> the London- and Norwich-above ones (why is this?).

London above methods only have 2nds place lead-ends so you can't mix
2nds/6ths as is the case with Carlisle/Cambridge above. The Norwich above
methods are comparatively amenable but do include Warkworth and Norwich
which are not "splicing-friendly".

Interestingly, Warkworth splices well (up to a point) with Surfleet but not
in a way that appears to lead to a 720 (e.g. put a half-lead bob in Surfleet
every time a fixed bell is 2nds place bell and you can convert these six
leads to Warkworth [ producing different lead-ends, though] ).

Glenn Taylor
Bristol