[r-t] Spliced surprise major: John M Goldthorpe

Andrew Graham ajgraham42 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 18 08:25:42 UTC 2005

--- Graham John <graham at changeringing.co.uk> wrote:

> Paul Needham has taken the 7 part plan up to 100
> methods (22400/40320)
> hasn't he? I would have thought that this would take
> some beating. His 67
> included all but six of Smith's and Chandler's
> methods.

All but 2- Colnbrook and Caterham.  These comps are
not quite the same as the one John Goldthorpe has
produced in that Paul was given a certain number of
methods to include (pad out Smith's and use as many
Chandler's methods as possible) and given free rein
for the rest.  John was given 41 methods (or was it
all 45) with little or no free rein.
   Incidentally, surely John should have included both
Glasgow and Huddersfield for completeness' sake?!

AJG