[r-t] semi-interesting observation

Glenn Taylor gaataylor at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Oct 30 16:35:04 UTC 2005

> I remarked: "John David asks for a use for these courses. A 7 part a.t.w.
> peal, possibly?"
>
> Since no one has take up the challenge, I though I'd have a look myself.
[snip]
> The first available calling position after the single at 5ths is, of
course,
> single at fourths. This leads to a part end 7823456 after 8 leads.

I produced a (still unrung) peal of 23-spliced atw with part end 7823456
about ten years ago. This incorporated a number of irregular methods to
enable the peal to be rung without the need for bobs and singles although it
was this latter characteristic that I was experimenting with, rather than
any attempt to maximise the "run" count.

Glenn Taylor
Bristol