[r-t] Crambo

edward martin edward.w.martin at gmail.com
Wed Aug 9 12:42:03 UTC 2006

Thank you
After having written my last posting, I had just *discovered* what I
suppose might be called spliced Grandsire & Double Grandsire (the 3
part with 2 coming home)

It would be interesting to try to determine  the laws behind
successful cramboing; On paper I have only just begun with the extents
that I know & it seems that whilst initially there are several
choices, these soon start to cancel out. perhaps somewhat similar to
the pure doubles *logic* that when a particula row is established
between two other rows, then the row which would have been produced by
the remaining unused  PN must also be surrounded by the same PN
ie say having
13254
12345
21435

then using only 1st, 3rds or 5ths in the comp, , we must also have
23145
21354
12534
(Not necessarily that way up!!)