[r-t] Changes to decisions again

Barriehen at aol.com Barriehen at aol.com
Sun Jan 22 21:11:52 UTC 2006

In a message dated 22/01/2006 20:44:11 GMT Standard Time,  mark at snowtiger.net
writes:

but at  this stage we should be concentrating on
the fact that change IS  needed,

I'm not so sure that change is needed.  You seem to agree that  everyone has
a different view and then deny the CCCBR a view of its  own.   I think you are
in danger of spending a great deal of time and  effort holding meetings,
arguing and pontificating when you could perhaps spend  that time doing something
more useful.   I dont think the CCCBR rules  have ever stopped anyone ringing
what they wanted to ..... in fact the  narrowness of some rules may even have
encouraged people to ring something that  breaks the rules..... and pushes
back the frontiers of the exercise...  I  get the feeling that many of the
subscribers to the various lists are the sort  of people who like the challenge of
rule testing and breaking.
Leave the rules as they are and get the CCCBR to consider what its position
as a body creating historical record is..... so that it can state plainly what
 it will record and what it wont and it is about time it considered how, and
where, it is going to record things.
Barrie