[r-t] doubles principle

edward martin edward.w.martin at gmail.com
Tue Jul 25 11:15:03 UTC 2006

On 7/24/06, Alexander Holroyd <holroyd at math.ubc.ca> wrote:
> The best I can manage is the following frankly pathetic extent.  Surely
> someone can do better...

Well I haven't made an exaustive study, but I did try to keep the
structure in tact (iie Pn 5-1-5-1 or at worst at PN 5 allow 125 or
345; at 1 allow 123, 145; and at 3 allow 123, 345) Even so I didn't
seem to be able to avoid having to reverse the normal flow of 5-1-5-1
to 1-5-1-5 and often had to use jump changes to get any linkage.

I would like to know the mathematics of why this principle doesn't
work but since I have no mathematical training  I have to revert to
flow charts noting that if this then that; and try to see the overal
picture of the consequences of splitting plain hunt blocks in two
halves.

The result is I don't really see why it doesnt work except that I
don't see hpw !it might work!!

mew